Lemonade is good, but lemon soda is better. You can make it fast for a quick refreshing drink. Lemon soda is one of the cheapest and fastest beverages to throw together. It is a kid-pleasing drink, and perfect for company or hot summer nights. A glass of lemon soda is low calorie, nutrient rich, and has medicinal properties.
You wouldn’t think lemon soda would carry health benefits. Yet, even carbonated water is good for you, despite the controversy. Scientific American dispelled that myth. Carbonated water soothes upsets stomachs, and will fill give you a full feeling so you are watching your weight, this is a good way to eat less.
But back to amazing lemons and all the reasons to make yourself of lemon soda. Lemon helps keep your immune system going, protecting your body from infections. It also purifies the blood. Lemons have high potassium content, so it also works on muscle cramps and as an antiseptic.
Here are some great reasons to drink a lemon soda every day:
- Lemon is a rich source of vitamin C, which protects the body against immune system deficiencies
- Lemons contain pectin fiber which is preferred for colon health
- Adds balances with the pH levels in the body
- Drinking lemons helps flush out toxins
- Lemons can aid digestion and encourage the production of bile
- They are a great source citric acid, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium
- Lemons help prevent the growth and multiplication of pathogenic bacteria which cause infections and diseases
- Good for reducing pain and inflammation in joints and knees as it dissolves uric acid
- It helps get rid of the common cold
- The potassium content in lemon nourishes brain and nerve cells
- The liver is strengthened by providing energy to the liver enzymes
- Lemons help to balance the calcium and oxygen levels in the liver In case of a heartburn
- They are an added benefit to the skin, preventing the formation of wrinkles and acne
- Lemons helps maintain eye health and helps fight against eye problems
- Aids in the production of the digestive juices
- Lemon juice aids the replenishment of body salts especially after a strenuous workout session
Craving a lemon soda yet? There are a couple ways to make lemon soda at home. The first is with a few simple ingredients by hand, the old-fashioned way. Here is the recipe in case you are not sure.
How to Make Lemon Soda:
- Lemon Juice - 1 tbsp. or to taste
- Sugar - 1.5 tbsp. or to taste
- Salt - 1/2 tsp. or to taste
- Soda - 1 cup or as needed
Mix everything up in a glass and enjoy immediately. For a variation, add mint leaves. For a flavor from India, add a small taste of cumin and black salt.
The new way to make delicious lemon soda is to carbonate your own water at home with sparkling water machine. Most kinds of fizzy water from home carbonation are the same. There are differences between sparkling water (seltzer), club soda, and tonic water. While the differences are not much, they do affect the taste.
Sparkling water is water which comes from the ground and is naturally bubbly, like Perrier, usually from unique locations in France and Spain. The gas produces the exquisite bubbling. Club Soda is like sparkling water but contains high sodium content. Tonic water has bitter flavors and sweeteners add to it. Some sparkling water is similar to tonic water with the added sweeteners and caffeine.
The easiest way to make lemon soda or any delicious beverage is using a SodaStream machine. These are nifty, easy to use carbonation machines designed to put that fizzy right into your water. The initial cost isn’t a budget breaker, and in the long run you will save money. If you figure in the costs of store bought beverages, the hassle, and the product waste, SodaStream makes sense.
Plus you gain the advantage of preference. With a little creativity, you are able to devise endless combinations of flavors. These handy machines can help you to stay with healthy, low calorie, low sugar soft drink alternatives.
Whether you are whipping up a lemon soda by hand or machine, remember the health benefits of the amazing lemon. This is a welcome treat you can indulge in everyday guilt-free.